SAND15 Science & Nonduality Conference
San Jose, California, October 21–25
Hameed Ali (A. H. Almaas) and Karen Johnson will speak on:
- Consciousness, Its Nature and Role in Experience
- How Close Is Science to Understanding Consciousness?
- Nondual Relationships
Questions answered by Almaas:
- You had polio. How did that influence you?
- Did you show yearnings to know God at an early age?
- Are essence and presence distinguished from the absolute?
- The Diamond Approach developed a large following. Can you describe the basis of this modality?
- Do you consider yourself enlightened?
- What does the phrase "spiritual bypassing" meant to you?
- ...and many more.
"First, I wanted to say I am quite heartened and happy with the ongoing discussions and conversations that this contemplation invited. I am so glad that many saw the value of such inquiry, that we do not have to protect our particular spiritual real estate, but be generous and open to dialogue with others who hold different points of view. I wanted to point to the preciousness of each teaching, but wanted to do it while honoring their uniqueness and particular contribution to mankind’s learning of the spiritual way of Being." Continue Reading »
Groundbreaking New Book: Runaway Realization
Now Available: The Power of Divine Eros Audio Book
Shambhala has published an audio version of Karen Johnson and A.H. Almaas’s most recent book, The Power of Divine Eros: The Illuminating Force of Love in Everyday Life
Listeners can hear the authors alternate reading each chapter, mirroring the original presentation of the material at a previous Quasar retreat.Learn more or buy the audio book on Amazon. »
Join Rupert Spira and A. H. Almaas at the 2014 Science and Non-Duality Conference
Thursday, October 23th, 10:00am – 12:30pm in San Jose, CA.
The only knowledge we have of a world is our experience. What is the nature of experience, and how does it happen? What are the means through which the nature of experience and how it happens may be discovered?
In this conversation with Rupert Spira and A. H. Almaas we will explore the nature and dynamic of experience, and their two distinct approaches to that inquiry.Learn more about their dialogue or about the SAND conference. »